Self Build Insurance for New Homes
If you are building your own home, you will need a Structural Warranty in place, more commonly known as a “Self-Build Warranty” or a to ensure you are fully covered and able to access funds from a mortgage lender. Furthermore, if you wish to sell a home that you have built yourself, there will need to be a Self-Build Warranty in place to satisfy the future buyer’s mortgage lender. We make buying a Self-Build Warranty very easy.
We would also recommend buying Site Insurance cover while your build is progressing.
Mr & Mrs Williams have bought a building plot and intend to build a new family home for their own occupation. They will require a “Self Build Warranty” to satisfy their mortgage lender, which will provide them with peace of mind, and if they decide to sell in the future, the new purchaser will expect the balance of a 10-Year Structural Warranty to be in place.
Key features of a Self-Build Structural Warranty
buildingwarranties.com exists to facilitate the acquisition of specialist building warranties and insurance products, and we use our depth of experience to determine which products are appropriate for our clients. Before you contact us for a structural warranty quote take a look at the list below to see what a comprehensive 10 year structural warranty should include:
- Very competitive premiums
- Full technical support
- Recognised by UK Finance listed Mortgage Lenders
- You must live in the property as your main residence for at least the first 12 months with no change of ownership
- No Defects Period
- Dedicated Account Handler
- Fully assignable to all future owners
- Fast turnaround
- Peace of Mind
The Process from Structural Warranty Quote to Cover
We are passionate about Customer Service and believe in making life simple. In order to obtain a quote, we will require the following:
- 10 Minute Phone call with yourself/builder so we can complete the online application form
- Set of construction drawings
- Site investigation report, if applicable
- Further project specific information may be requested following the application