Self Build Warranty Insurance for New Homes
If you are building your own home, you will need Structural Building Warranty Insurance or more commonly known as a “Self Build Warranty” or a “Structural Defects Warranty” to ensure you are fully indemnified and able to access funds from a mortgage lender. Furthermore, if you wish to sell a home that you have built yourself there will need to be a 10 year structural warranty in place to satisfy the future buyer’s mortgage lender. We make buying a Self Build Warranty for your new home easy.
We would also recommend buying Site Insurance cover while your build is progressing as this is also essential.
Building Warranties.com exists to facilitate the acquisition of specialist building warranties and insurance products, and we use our depth of experience to determine the most appropriate products for our clients. Before you contact us for a structural warranty quote take a look at the list below to see what a comprehensive 10 year structural warranty should include:
Key features of a Self-Build Structural Warranty
• Very competitive premiums
• Full technical support
• Cover available prior to or once construction has commenced
• Policies are recognised by Mortgage/Finance lenders
• Home has to be your main residence and occupied for at least the first 12 months with no change of ownership
• Cover is available for projects that have already commenced
The Process from Structural warranty quote to Cover
The easiest way to explain the process between obtaining a structural warranty quote to a structural building warranty policy being issued is most easily explained by breaking it down into the seven main steps as follows:
1. Request Self Build warranty quotes
2. Comparable market quotations provided
3. Register the proposed development
4. Payment of survey fees and premium
5. Full plan/specification check by technical team
6. Surveyors undertake regular inspections throughout the build process
7. Policy issued subject to approved building regulations being signed off
Once the building regulations requirements have been satisfied your policy will be active and your investment will be protected.